Lyon and Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse
Join us on a guided tour of Lyon. We’ll cross through the city and go up Fourvière Hill to the white basilica, the best place to take in the view. Then we’ll head over to Vieux Lyon to have a look at its historical homes and the "bouchon" restaurants that are found throughout the district. Learn about the discrete and strategic doorways leading to shortcuts, known as traboules, that go from street to street. Don’t miss the tasting of fine food at Paul Bocuse’s Les Halles de Lyon, a huge, three-story, indoor market where close to 50 shops offer the finest gourmet food—a veritable feast for the eyes and palates. We’ll enjoy a snack of local sausage and cheese, topped off with a lovely glass of wine.* Enjoy some free time before returning to the ship.
- Please wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- You must be properly dressed to enter the basilica.
- Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse are closed on Sundays and Mondays. In this instance, arrangements will be made so as to maintain the tasting of local products.
- Times are approximate.
- The order of the visits can change.
- *Alcohol can be dangerous to your health. Please drink in moderation.
Trip code : EXC_LYON2